Nominations to the Citizens' Assembly are through your local Heathwatch or individuals who regularly link with local networks and community groups will also be considered. You can find out more about the recruitment process in the terms of reference here or contact the Senate Management Team via email for more information or to nominate someone yourself.
|Nick Pennell - Chair||Healthwatch Plymouth|
|Lance Allen||Healthwatch Bristol, N. Somerset, S. Gloc (BNSSG)|
|Joanna Parker||Healthwatch Bath and NE. Somerset (BaNES)|
|Ann Harding||Healthwatch Bath and NE. Somerset (BaNES)|
|Suuad Walker||Healthwatch Bristol|
|Vacant x 1||Healthwatch Bristol|
|Jon McLeavy||Healthwatch Cornwall|
|Vacant x 1||Healthwatch Cornwall|
|Tessa Trappes-Lomax||Healthwatch Devon|
|Richard Foxwell||Healthwatch Devon|
|Louise Bate||Healthwatch Dorset|
|Vacant x 1||Healthwatch Dorset|
|Vacant x 2||Healthwatch Gloucestershire|
|Catherine Fuller||Healthwatch Isles of Scilly|
|Vacant x 1||Healthwatch Isles of Scilly|
|Tricia Godfrey||Healthwatch North Somerset|
|Vacant x 1||Healthwatch Plymouth|
|Judith Goodchild||Healthwatch Somerset|
|Vacant x 1||South Gloucestershire|
|Michael Bennett||South Gloucestershire|
|Paul Greensmith||Healthwatch Swindon|
|Nazma Ramruttun||Healthwatch Swindon|
|Vacant x 1||Healthwatch Swindon|
|Kevin Dixon||Healthwatch Torbay|
|Pat Harris||Healthwatch Torbay|
|Trish Lyons||Healthwatch Wiltshire|
|Meg Newbery||Healthwatch Wiltshire|
- Citizen Assembly member information pack
- Citizen Assembly member role description
- Citizen Chair and Deputy Citizen Chair role description
- SW Clinical Senate Engagement Proposal
- SW Senate Operating Principles Updated January 2017
- Summary of CA roles and responsibilities
- SW Citizens' Assembly ToR April 2017
The South West Clinical Senate is committed to ensuring that patients, carers and family members, of all ages and backgrounds, are an integral part of our vision and active partners in our programme of work.
The Clinical Senate Citizens’ Assembly is made up of lay members with a strong interest in improving regional NHS services who will bring the public voice right to the heart of our work.
The role of the Citizens’ Assembly is:
- To provide the wider Citizen (patient/carer/service user) voice to the Clinical Senate.
- To consider issues of strategic importance raised by commissioners
- To act as a peer support body for Citizen members of the Clinical Senate Council.
- To link to the NHS England Citizen Assembly to provide a three-way communication channel for patient participation, ie locally, regionally and nationally.
How to get involved
Nominations to the Citizens Assembly are through your local Healthwatch or individuals who regularly link with local networks and community groups will also be considered. You can find out more about the recruitment process here or contact the Senate Management Team via email for more information or to nominate someone/yourself.